This easy buttery delicious peach cobbler recipe actually came from one of my pen pals. She sent me a recipe card for it and I loved it so much, I had to share. I think what makes it extra yummy, is the crispy bruleéd top.
With the layer of buttery peaches on the bottom and the sweet cakey layer on top, this easy peach cobbler will satisfy all your tastebuds.
I love sending recipes out to my pen pals. I hope they enjoy receiving them as much as I do. If you don’t about my lovely pen paling hobby, check out my first post on pen paling and how to find a pen pal yourself.
There is definitely going to be more to come, posts on my mail art and what to include in letters, such as recipes like this peach cobbler.
Time to gather your ingredients! Besides sliced peaches, you’ll need sugar and lemon juice. I used a bit more peaches than the recipe called for. I wanted to use all the peaches I had, and the peachier the cobbler, the better. Bring all three ingredients to a simmer in a large saucepan and stir constantly until peaches are softened. It’ll take about five to ten minutes.
The batter contains flour, sugar, milk, and vanilla. Just mix all four together and you have your batter!
I used a 9×13 glass dish to cook my cobbler in. Prepare the dish by melting a whole stick of butter and pouring it in (the more butter, the tastier apparently). Pour the cooked peaches in the glass dish.
Then take your batter and pour it over the peaches in an even layer. Time to cook! The final step is when the cobbler is minutes away from being fully cooked, sprinkle sugar on top of the cobbler and place under the broiler for a few minutes.
The broiler will melt the sugar into a crusty caramelized layer on top.
The sugary crunch followed by the sweet cakey layer and buttery peaches is out of this world. My husband went and ate practically all of it while I was working the next day, he thought it was that good!
Maybe put a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on the side and you have yourself the perfect summer or fall dessert.
I don’t cook with peaches often, and am always surprised at how tasty they are when I actually eat them. I’m thinking I’ll be making this cobbler more often.
Easy Peach Cobbler
- 9x13 Glass Dish
- ¼ Granulated Sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- ½ Cup Dairy-Free Butter, melted
- 7 Medium Peaches, sliced
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1¼ Cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1¼ Cup Sugar
- 1¼ Cup Almond or Light Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour melted butter into 9x13 glass dish. Set aside. In a large saucepan, mix together peaches, sugar and lemon juice on medium heat. The mixture should simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the peaches are softened.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, milk and vanilla for batter.
- Pour the peach mixture into the glass dish, then pour the batter on top in an even layer. Bake 35-45 minutes, until the top looks firm.
- Sprinkle sugar on top in an even layer, then put back in the oven with the broiler on high. It should only take a couple of minutes for the sugar to caramelize and the top to turn golden brown. Keep the oven light on and watch it so it doesn't burn. It will turn golden really fast!
- Serve warm with some ice cream.